We know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. That’s why we want you to know how we protect your privacy and the measures we take to safeguard your information.
We have built our business on a foundation of integrity, honesty, and trust. These values are reflected in our longstanding commitment to protect your privacy.
On this Web site, we strive to provide you with the most comprehensive and dependable source of life insurance and financial products information on the Web. You can access this information with complete anonymity. Whether researching our products and services, using our tools, or accessing our educational content, you need provide no personal information whatsoever. Whenever you do supply personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, it is kept secure and used solely to answer your inquiry, comply with your request, or supply you with information about new products and services to help you meet your needs.
To meet our users’ needs with insurance and financial products and services, we depend on certain information. In gathering and maintaining this information, we pledge to…
· Collect only the information we need to deliver superior products and services to you.
· Prevent unauthorized access to your information.
· Refuse to disclose your health information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
· Require companies that help us service your policy or account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards.
· Maintain up-to-date privacy notices on our Web sites.
The following policies and procedures protect the privacy of your information:
In the normal course of business we may collect the following types of information:
· Information you provide on applications and other forms (including name, address, income and other household information)
· Data about your transactions with us (such as the type of products you have purchased and your account status)
· Information gathered on our Web sites through online forms and site visit data collected through the use of information-collecting devices known as “cookies”
· Health information, collected with your authorization, if you apply for products such as life insurance or long term care insurance
Access to information gathered on our Web sites is limited to personnel who need the information to perform their job responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed state and federal regulations. We continually update and improve our security standards, procedures, and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
We may share your personal information within the New York Life Family or with non-affiliated companies as described below.
· We may share your information within the New York Life Family as permitted by law, including for routine business administration.
· We may share information with non-affiliated companies as allowed by law, such as firms that perform services on our behalf including administering and marketing our products. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
· We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a governmental agency.
· Health Information Practices – We will not share your health information for marketing purposes without your consent.
Questions and Answers About Privacy:
· What information is collected by this site and how is it used?
· What privacy rules apply when I visit other Web sites?
· What security measures does the site maintain to protect my personal information?
· How does the site protect children’s privacy?
· How can international visitors use the site?
· Our commitment to you
You can use most of this Web site without submitting any personal information. The on-line calculators and information about our products and services can all be accessed without providing any personally-identifiable information about yourself. When you do choose to provide us with information at the site, we will use it in the following restricted ways:
If you would like to receive any additional information, such as a brochure, you will need to provide us with your contact information. We will use this information only to fulfill your request.
This Web site may provide information about careers at New York Life and about becoming a New York Life agent. Should you choose to submit your resume on-line, it will be forwarded to the people responsible for filling the relevant position. No other use is made of this information.
Like many Web sites, we collect limited anonymous information about our users and their systems. When users come to our site, we may collect their IP addresses, browser types, the domain they came from, and their likely country of origin. This anonymous information is aggregated and is not associated with individual users. It is collected to help us analyze usage patterns, improve the site’s overall performance, and provide information useful to our users.
Most browsers recognize when a cookie is offered and allow users to opt-out of receiving them. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
This site provides links to other Web sites, including New York Life subsidiaries and affiliates, business partners, and third party sites containing information that we believe you may find useful. When you visit those sites, you will be operating under their individual privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the respective privacy policies.
What security measures does the site maintain to protect my personal information?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personally identifiable information collected online from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All information you supply on the site is encrypted during transmission and then stored on a secure server. However, you should be aware that our return e-mail messages to you cannot be encrypted and thus cannot be considered fully secure. Non-encrypted e-mail can be intercepted and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge or consent.
How does the site protect children’s privacy?
Our products and services are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain personal information about anyone 13 years or under.
How can international visitors use the site?
Although this site only addresses products sold to residents of the United States, we welcome visitors from other countries. You can review our products and services, use our calculators, and access articles that may be of interest to you. As a company based in the United States of America, we operate under United States laws and regulations and information received from international users will be stored and processed in the United States.
We strive to provide you with the most comprehensive source of life insurance and financial products information on the Web. When we ask for personal information of any kind, or give you with the opportunity to supply such information, it is solely to improve our ability to meet your needs and respond to your requests. We will continue to do whatever we can to protect your privacy at our site.
* The New York Life Family of Companies (also referred to as “the New York Life Family,” “we,” “our,” or “us” throughout this notice) currently includes the following affiliates and funds:
New York Life Insurance Company New York Life Benefit Services LLC
New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation New York Life Trust Company
New York Life International, Inc. New York Life Trust Company, FSB
New York Life Investment Management LLC NYLIFE Administration Corp.
Eagle Strategies Corp. NYLIFE Distributors Inc.
Eclipse Funds NYLIFE Insurance Company of Arizona
MainStay Funds NYLIFE Securities INC.
MainStay Shareholders Services LLC NYLIM Service Company LLC
MainStay VP Series Fund, Inc. NYLINK